Hosting Terms of Service
This policy represents the Too Cool Software Terms of Service (“TOS”) in its entirety and supersedes any other written or oral policy. This policy defines the terms of service all Too Cool Software customers agree to when they sign-up for any of the Too Cool Software web site hosting services. Too Cool Software reserves the exclusive right to change, amend or revise any portion of this TOS policy at any time, with or without written notice to our customers.
Customers using any services offered by Too Cool Software agree to be obligated by and must comply with all policies in this TOS or must otherwise opt out of and cancel their web hosting service with Too Cool Software. Too Cool Software retains the sole discretion to make judgment regarding any violation by any Too Cool Software customer and may take action against any customer deemed to be in violation of these terms including the cancellation of any customer’s services without refund and/or, if deemed appropriate, be legally prosecuted.
In consideration for Too Cool Software maintaining one or more accounts (each “Account”), you, as the Too Cool Software customer, agree to the following terms of service.
- “We” “Us” or “Provider” or “Too Cool Software.” .Too Cool Software.com.
- “You” “Your” “Client” “Customer” or “Member” – Each person or entity who applies for internet service or is a designate of anyone who applies for internet service.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The Internet and web site hosting relies on a complex network of hardware, software, network services and providers of information. Due to the need for an aggregate of all of these providers and service companies working properly not all services may be available to you at all times.
Too Cool Software shall pursue partnerships with all tier-1 resource and channel available to maintain maximum uptime, however, Too Cool Software is not responsible for any down time caused by any provider’s hardware or network malfunction which is outside of Too Cool Software capability to directly correct. Too Cool Software clients are diverse and their web sites and the function of those web sites are diverse and Too Cool Software cannot be held responsible for any service interruption due to client’s error, including but not limited to spamming, the target of a DDOS attack, or any other internet or cyber attack.
Too Cool Software MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE) WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES IT PROVIDES. Neither Too Cool Software nor anyone else involved in the provision of Service is liable to you or any third-party for direct or indirect damages resulting from the use, non-use of services provided herein, whether or not such damages resulted from the negligence of Too Cool Software, even if Too Cool Software has been advised to the possibility of such damages.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL Too Cool Software BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS AND DAMAGES RELATED TO CORRUPTION OR DELETION OF WEBSITE CONTENTS, EMAIL DATA AND OR DATABASE CONTENTS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE Too Cool Software. SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INOPERABILITY OF Too Cool Software. SERVERS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Too Cool Software HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Too Cool Software. MAXIMUM LIABILITY EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO Too Cool Software FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE PRIOR TWELVE (12) MONTHS. TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, Too Cool Software. LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Too Cool Software and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any third-party claim, action, dispute or demand related to your use of the Services, your violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement or from your placement or transmission of any materials or content onto Too Cool Software. servers. Such liabilities may include, but are not limited to, those arising from the following: (a) with respect to your business, (i) infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights; (ii) defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, or violation of the rights of privacy or publicity; or (iii) spamming, or any other offensive, harassing or illegal conduct or violation of the acceptable uses described herein or anti-spam policy; (b) any damage or destruction to Too Cool Software. equipment or to any other accountholder, which damage is caused by or otherwise results from acts or omissions by you, your representative(s) or your designees; (c) any personal injury or property damage arising out of your activities related to the Services, unless such injury or property damage is caused solely by Too Cool Software. gross negligence or willful misconduct; and (d) any other damage arising from your equipment or your business.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Texas without regard to any conflict of law provisions. Any action between the parties to this agreement for the breach of this agreement or any action or claim in any way relating thereto shall be held in the Superior Court of the State of Texas, County of Denton . The parties to this agreement hereby consent to jurisdiction in that court and agree to accept service by mail and hereby waive any defense of any kind related to jurisdiction or venue.
Services Provided by Too Cool Software
Too Cool Software will provide Internet server rental (“the Service”) to its members for the express purpose of allowing customers to provide http Internet content to the general public. The Service allows Too Cool Software members to maintain Internet websites, receive and maintain e-mail accounts and access web space via FTP to upload files for their websites. Too Cool Software members will use the provided services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws. Too Cool Software provides the Services exclusively and makes no effort to edit, control, monitor or restrict the content of data other than as necessary to provide such Services. Too Cool Software reserves the right to refuse service to potential and/or existing customers to protect its existing paying customers. If any of the below violates are committed, Too Cool Software can terminate client’s account without notification.
Too Cool Software provides timely web site hosting support to our clients through emails, chat and phones. By accepting your client contract agreement with Too Cool Software. You agree not to abuse whether verbally or physically or whether in person, via email, live chat or telephone or otherwise (a) any other customer of Too Cool Software and any employee or contractor of Too Cool Software.
Too Cool Software will send e-mails from time to time regarding your account, special offers and promotions. You may unsubscribe to these e-mails at anytime by following the instructions at the bottom of those e-mails.
- Client Content: Client agrees that web pages and files uploaded to servers will not violate any state, national or foreign laws or regulations; infringe on any intellectual property rights of Too Cool Software or any third party; be defamatory, slanderous or trade libelous; be threatening or harassing; be discriminatory based on gender, race, age; promote hate; or contain viruses or other computer programming defects which result in damage to Too Cool Software or any third party. Customers may not run IRC, bots or clients. Clients may not use Too Cool Software servers for file storage unrelated to the client’s web site, storage Space is for active web site file pages only. Too Cool Software’ shared hosting account holders may not act as a re-seller, which means that clients may not host any web sites in their add-on domains that are not domains owned by the client on record at Too Cool Software. Unacceptable uses also include: Bulk unsolicited emailing, unsolicited e-mailings, newsgroup spamming, child pornography, hardcore pornography or links to such sites, copyrighted MP3, copyrighted music, copyrighted video, illegal content, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, warez, cracks, software serial numbers, proxy(ies) and image/file sharing web sites. Too Cool Software will be the sole and final arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this policy. Too Cool Software does not normally monitor the contents of clients servers, however if suspicion occurs, Too Cool Software reserves the right to investigate and terminate the clients subscription to the service.
- Unlimited Features: We do not set limits on the disk space and bandwidth (data transfer) that we provide in plans that are marked “Unlimited”. We want you to have the resources available to you to build a great online presence. Even though we want you to succeed, we need to ensure that we’re providing all of our customers with optimum service. As such we do require all of our customers to be fully compliant with our Excessive Resource User Policy/Terms of Service and utilize disk space and bandwidth related to normal operation of a personal or small business web site. If a customer’s hosting account is found to have violated the client content, excessive resource user policy and/or is storing files for archiving purposes, the contents will be removed and while we make best effort to contact customers before hand, can occur without notice.
- Excessive Resource User Policy: Resources are defined as disk space, bandwidth, and/or computing resources (cpu, memory, disk i/o) utilization. Too Cool Software offers a shared hosting service in which environment customers may share resources with other customers, therefore it is imperative that Too Cool Software control any excessive usage by customers so that they do not disrupt the service quality of other customers using the same resources. A hosting account is considered using “Excessive amounts of resources” when it consumes 100% of 1 CPU core, and/or 1 GB Memory and/or 20 concurrent connections also known as “Computing Resources”, and/or “Resources”, and/or “Resource Usage”. There are numerous issues that could cause such problems, including but not limited to: cgi scripts, FTP, HTTP, etc. To prevent service disruption for other customers, a hosting account which exceeds the included computing resources will be slowed down automatically for as long as the resources are being overused. Too Cool Software will make every reasonable effort to notify customer prior to suspension, however, Too Cool Software may suspend any offending hosting account prior to notifying the customer of the account in the event that service disruption to other customers was/is caused. The customer whom is using “excessive resources” may be asked to upgrade his/her package to a more suitable hosting package, such as but not limited to a premium account, virtual private server or dedicated server. Too Cool Software will be the sole and final arbitrator as to what constitutes as a violation of this policy. Customers have access to their Resource Usage within their control panel.
- No “Spam”: UCE/UBE or “Spam” originating from a server located on our network or associated with a Too Cool Software server is not tolerated. This includes any e-mail that promotes web sites hosted on a server located on the Too Cool Software network but is sent from an e-mail address not associated with that Too Cool Software account. Client shall not use their Too Cool Software services for chain letters, junk mail, bulk-email, or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process. Too Cool Software reserves the right to deactivate or terminate any account(s) upon any indication of such activity without notice.
- Excessive Exploits: Too Cool Software allows 3rd party scripts to be uploaded/installed from our auto-installer or manually (those scripts that are/aren’t included in the auto-installer) on your web hosting account. It is the responsibility of our web hosting clients to maintain the latest exploit free version of the scripts. If a script that our web hosting clients uploads to our servers is found to have security lapses and allows a third party to “hack”, “exploit”, “deface” their site(s) it is the responsibility of our clients to either remove that script or Too Cool Software reserves the right to terminate that clients’ account and provide them with a prorated refund.
- False Information: Customer agrees not to post false or inaccurate information to news groups in violation of the news groups rules and regulations. If any news groups or service provider contact Too Cool Software concerning unethical, false or unlawful activities by you, Too Cool Software reserve the right to suspend or terminate your service with or without notice.
- Licensed Software Only: Client agrees to use only properly licensed third party software in connection with Client’s use of the Services.
- Back-Up Files: Too Cool Software provides the tools needed to create back ups of account data. Too Cool Software also backs up its servers and retains a copy for 24 hours for disaster recovery purposes only. It is the responsibility of the customer to keep up-to-date archives of their backed up data. Too Cool Software does not provide or keep records or copies of our clients web site files for customer use and is not responsible for any loss of data including but not limited to hardware failure, backup failure, hacking or accidental deletion.
Payment, Renewal, Cancellations
- Payment Obligations:
Full payment is required in advance before hosting service is established. Too Cool Software sends out invoices that are due every pay period. You are given fifteen (15) days to fully pay the invoice. You warrant and represent that the information you supply in the Order Form (or other information that Too Cool Software may require) is accurate and truthful. All payment-due notices will be sent by e-mail. No bills or invoices will be sent by postal mail or fax. If payment was not received by the due-date, your account will be suspended. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that payment is made to Too Cool Software prior to the renewal date and although Too Cool Software sends renewal notices to our customers prior to their renewal date, because of the ability for a customer to change their contact email addresses without notifying Too Cool Software, the customer is ultimately responsible for remembering their renewal date and to make sure payment is made upon the renewal. Failure to keep an account in good standing and/or service renewals paid for will result in service deactivation until the account and or service renewal is paid for in full.
It is the obligation of the Too Cool Software customer to know when their account comes up for renewal and if their intention is to non-renew their account they must notify Too Cool Software 5 business days prior to their account’s renewal date to ensure that Too Cool Software billing department receives the cancellation request well in advance of the renewal date so that they can stop any renewal charges. Too Cool Software clients receive email notification 15 days prior to the renewal date of their account informing them that their renewal date is approaching. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that Too Cool Software has a valid email address for which we can send out renewal notices to our clients. If Too Cool Software does not receive a cancellation request prior to the customer’s renewal we will renew the clients’ account 24 hours prior to the renewal date and we will apply the appropriate charges. Accounts will be automatically renewed under the same time and fee structure as the plan that the client signed up for (unless plan changes were made or upgraded between the time when the client signed up & their renewal date). The 30 day money back guarantee applies only to the start date of the clients’ service with Too Cool Software and does not apply to renewals of service.
- Late Fees:
Clients have the option to pay an invoice at any time by logging into their Too Cool Software account and submitting a payment. An invoice that is not paid by the due date is automatically marked overdue in the system. If an invoice is overdue by more than four days (the grace period), the account is automatically suspended and a $15.00 late fee is added to the account. To reactivate an account that is suspended for failure to submit a payment within the grace period, a payment for the original invoiced amount plus $15.00 must be submitted to Too Cool Software.
- Cancellation & Refunds:
Should you become dissatisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your account activation, Too Cool Software will refund your hosting fee subject to the money back guarantee terms listed in this agreement. Refunds are not available for customers after the 30 days of account activation. You may however cancel your account at any time in order to make sure that your account is not renewed. You will need to contact customer service and verify information before cancellation takes place. You will be charged in full for the entire month in which you cancelled your account. Accounts which have negative balances will be sent to collections and all services will be terminated, including domain registrations. Refunds are never available for domain registrations. Domain Names transferred to our service incur an additional year of registration and therefore are considered a domain registration. Domain registration fees are $14.95/yr. Domain names of customers which leave our hosting service will be refunded the package price total less the domain registration fee if the customer leaves Too Cool Software hosting service within the 30 day money back guarantee. In addition refunds are not available for additional services which you may purchase at Too Cool Software for instance an additional domain name we may purchase for a client is not refundable and a dedicated IP which we may setup for a client for a charge is not refundable. Web site files are the responsibility of the Too Cool Software customer and should a Too Cool Software customer decide to cancel their service it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that they have backed up & downloaded the web site files and any emails from the Too Cool Software server prior to requesting that Too Cool Software cancels their account. Once the cancellation request has been submitted to Too Cool Software a cancellation of the web site hosting service may occur anytime after the request is received by Too Cool Software and when a cancellation request is completed the client’s hosting account with Too Cool Software and their web site files are permanently removed from the Too Cool Software servers. Therefore again it is the client’s obligation to ensure that they have downloaded their web site files and any emails from the server prior to their cancellation request.
99.9% Service Level Agreement ” SLA”
Too Cool Software offers its clients a 99.9% network uptime guarantee for customer satisfaction purposes and also to ensure that your business is running problem free. Too Cool Software will try to maintain maximum uptime. Too Cool Software is not responsible for any downtime caused by the client.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Too Cool Software offers an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee that covers cancellations on shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS hosting made during the first 30 days of service, due to the inability to deliver satisfactory services. As a part of our strive to achieve industry leading customer satisfaction, the customer will be refunded all hosting charges made to their credit card minus any setup fees, domain name or add-on costs which are non-refundable. The guarantee does not apply to accounts with non-use, misuse, and/or abuse of this agreement. Domain name registrations & dedicated servers are also non-refundable. Domain Names transferred to our service incur an additional year of registration and therefore are considered a domain registration. Domain registration fees are $14.95/yr. Domain names of customers which leave our hosting service will be refunded the package price total less the domain registration fee if the customer leaves Too Cool Software hosting service within the 30 day money back guarantee. Any questions regarding the 30-day money back guarantee should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org